Saturday, January 28, 2012

Toddler Tonsillectomy: Part 1

It's official....the anxiety and fear have set in full-force for this mommy. I knew there would be some level of apprehension with regards to my son having to undergo surgery. I knew that worry would set in as the surgery date got closer. I knew I would begin to think of all possible scenarios. I knew I should have just avoided the extensive online research. Deep down, I do know that everything is going to go smoothly....I trust the advice of our pediatrician....I trust our ENT, a skilled surgeon who will take excellent care of my baby...I know Hudson is going to be a champ as always....I trust in God that everything will be OK. Even still, thoughts of his upcoming tonsillectomy have consumed my days and nights. Ultimately, though, I am just thankful that I am the one with the worry and fear and not my little man. He just keeps telling me, as if it were no big deal, "Mommy, Dr. Lano just needs to take my tonsils out and then everything will be all better." He did ask me if it would hurt when they take them out. I sat him down and explained (as best as I could to an almost 3 year old) step by step how this was going to go down. I felt no need to try to sugar-coat things. So after a lengthy discussion along with a little q&a, he was satisfied and said "OK Mommy, I am ready now!"  
Prayers please for our precious little Hudson on Tuesday morning. Prayers for knowledge and guidance for our surgeon and his nurses, prayers for peace and calmness amidst the normal chaos of our household, prayers for speedy and easy recovery for Hudson!!!

1 comment: