Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Memories

Home of the FREE....because of the BRAVE
What a privilege. What a blessing.
I was oh so lucky to spend my weekend chasing and playing with my 3 beautiful, healthy, happy little Birdies!!! I am beyond grateful for that, for being able to spend each and every day enjoying my children and my family, for being able to tuck them into bed each night and to wake up to their sweet smiles and crazy hair each morning, for having my husband by my side to do so, for being surrounded by amazing family and friends who love my children more that I could have ever hoped, for being able to give them a life without worry (at least for now), for being able to enjoy such life without fear, for preserving their innocence because of our freedom. Today marks a remarkably special day. During breakfast this morning and amidst the chaos of our household, I explained the meaning of today to Hudson. While he can recall that Memorial Day was once called Decoration Day, he is still too little to fully understand the meaning of this day. I am merely grateful for the opportunity to be able to explain it to him....knowing that one day he will understand what it means and praying that we have raised him right to fully appreciate what it means. Each day is precious and we must live life to the fullest...loving every moment, every smile, every laugh, every frown, and every cry....because that is life!
Friday was oh so fun getting to play at Meme and Papa's house and then there was some Friday night fun for little man with his YaYa and GoGo! The little Birds had a blast on Saturday out at the lake with their favorite Auntie KK and Koury along with some cousins. And thanks to sweet Miss Melissa for having a movie and popcorn night with Hudson so we could have a date night with KK and Koury. Sunday Funday was just that with a wonderful service at church, water fun and dinner with family and friends at YaYa and GoGo's house. Monday, Monday....Daddy worked and we played!!! We said our "goodbyes" to KK as she headed home to Dallas...we are already ready for her next visit. We braved the HEB, went swimming out at Oma and Opa's and I gave little man his first swimming lesson, Hudson even got to do some tractor work with Daddy, and then celebrated the day with YaYa, GoGo, and our wonderful neighbors:)
 Sophia and Hudson
 THE. BEST. BIG. BROTHER. EVER.
 Makes me so happy I want to cry! I love this:)
The Bird Girlies:)
 Isabelle is a little unsure...
 Ok...I'm having fun now!!! (P.S. this toy is about 25 years old...they sure don't make things like they used to!!!)
Um yes, that would be Sophia enjoying her peach while Isabelle does the pushing!
 Our beautiful "Yellow Rose of Texas" from our sweet as can be neighbors....who we were blessed to spend this evening with, who we are tremendously grateful to for his service, for their sacrifices and dedication to our country for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment