Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bedazzled Bands...Life is Good


STEP 1: Paint the bands...simple task, right??
 
Well, the painting part was a huge pain and I had to keep my filter on so as to prevent any choice words from escaping my mouth, but the finished product did turn out super cute...well worth the frustration and the extra coats of mod podge.

STEP 2: Bling them out


Specialty rub-on vinyl decals...somewhat difficult to do on a not so flat surface...but we managed. I decided to decorate them with the same designs: name, bird, and owl on front....branch with large owl and smaller birds on back....Hudson gave me a thumbs up, so I figure if a 2 year old likes it we are good to go!

STEP 3: Wear 23 hours a day....what a breeze!
 No big thing!
 Yes, we know we are super cute...Mommy and Daddy tell us enough!

Pure Mischief in her eyes!
 I just can't stop laughing...
Life is good! 

After 2 adjustment appointments, I am totally impressed with the DOC bands! What a difference already! They take measurements at our weekly appointments and carve out the foam in the bands to allow for growth in the proper directions. Isabelle has already grown 8 millimeters and Sophia 6 millimeters in just 2 weeks!!! Woohoo!!! It is truly amazing at the difference in their head shapes already. They had molds of their heads made off of the digital images they took to make the bands....they put the molds on a stick and call them a head-sickle....funny and a bit disturbing at the same time. Anyways, it is pretty cool to hold up to the girls to see the improvements! I can't wait to take them in this week.  Looks like we are on track and should only have 3-5 weeks to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment