Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday & Weekend Fun!!!

Our fun-filled weekend celebrating dad and the twins' 1/2 birthday went something like this....
Daddy took off Saturday so that we could fully enjoy the weekend and partake in all the festivities...woohoo! It is hard to believe that our babies are 6 months old. For this particular milestone, we celebrated in typical fashion with what has become tradition for the 1/2 birthday...cookie cake...not that the babies were able to indulge but we sure did...yummy!!!




Then, so as to not feel so incredibly guilty about eating the cookie cake, Hudson and I ran in our very first 5K! Let me back up a bit about the running. For those of you who claim to love running, I must say you are crazy! I do not love anything about running except for maybe the satisfaction of finishing a trek. I began to jog after the twins were born because it is the only form of exercise that I could do with all 3 kiddos. So to force myself to stick with it and stay motivated to work hard at it, I decided to register for a 5K....a little over 3 miles when I was barely able to run a mile or so before having twins, what the hell...we'll go for it! So Saturday morning Hudson and I ventured to Seguin for the Triple A 5K Run. He got to ride in style in BOB (aka the jogging stroller) while I got to push. And though there were several instances at which I wanted to switch places with him, we kept going....and finished in 31 minutes! Turns out we won for my age group! We then hurried home to pick up the rest of the family to head to the lake for fun time with family. The twins got to meet some of their cousins and Hudson went on his first waverunner ride!


 Nap time came all too quickly and gave Mommy and Daddy just enough time to get ready for the next outing. We met up with the Walkers and made our way to Bulverde for the Fuller Birthday Bash for Chandler and Creed at which Hudson and Daddy got more swim time. Sunday morning came and we sent Daddy off to golf with Mr. Wille while the kiddos and I went to play at Meme and Papa's house with more cousins. The kids recharged with a good little nap and then it was off to the Ski Lodge for more fun in the sun! Hudson loves to swim and with the help of Daddy and GoGo he even went off the diving board...he is a little fish with no fear! Our next big adventure...Mommy teaching Hudson how to swim:)

No comments:

Post a Comment