Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Uptown Girl"

It began one Sunday afternoon while I was extremely preggo with the twins. Hudson and I...well mainly Hudson... were dancing away upstairs in his room to random tunes and this sweet little number from Billy Joel started playing...who knew he would take such a liking to it. From that moment on, anytime it came on he would say "Mommy, it's Uptown Girl!" ...we were even in the coffeehouse for breakfast one morning when it came on and he shouted out to Mrs. Wille, "It's Uptown Girl"! It wasn't much longer before he then informed me that he had an "uptown girl". When I asked him who it was, he ever so adorably said "Alexa"! For those of you who don't know the sweet little Alexa Jayne, her mommy and I are good friends and she was born 3 days before Hudson. So, they were destined to be little buddies. Hudson loves our playdates and has now even started talking to her on his "play" cell phone!
Oh my goodness...am I in trouble...
This past weekend I heard Hudson talking to someone from the other room. I walked into the living room to see what exactly he was doing. I found him on "his" phone chatting away about his tractors, his new movie, and what his plans were for later. When I asked him who he was talking to he gave me the "oh Mom" kind of look and said my "uptown girl" Alexa. WOW....all I could do was laugh...it was so cute!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! What a sweet, sweet, sweet boy!! I can't help but get huge tears in my eyes reading this!!! They really do have such a sweet, special relationship!! I LOVE it!! She, too, loves him so much!!! What a special post!!!

    Jonathan, on the other hand, is a little worried!! He said he thought he had a few more years before he was going to have to worry about boys!! Guess not!! ;-)

    GIve that sweet boy a big hug from his "Uptown Girl" and her mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete