Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Work" on hold...

My husband is getting to spend some time with a dear friend from Colorado and the children are sound asleep, so I actually have time to myself ...time to think, to reflect, and now to blog. 
So my random thoughts start here:
 It is official...my leave from work is extended. Though my job security ends in a couple of weeks, I will still be able to remain an employee of AZ and will have the opportunity to post for a spot when the extension ends. I feel so fortunate to work for a company who prides itself in work-life balance and the philosophy of family first. I am even more fortunate to have a hard-working, loving, dedicated, supportive husband and family! I am so very thankful for the gift...and I mean precious gift...of being able to stay home with my children during this crucial time. Everyone has always said that you will never be able to get that back, and you don't realize how true that is until you take a moment to pause and see how much time has already passed! I wake up each day thankful for the simple pleasure of staying home with my kids, for being a mom, for being the "home engineer" so to speak responsible for "raising the kids", for ensuring their well-being, for teaching them, for comforting them, for loving them....oh, and for attempting to be a better wife, to clean, to wash bottles, to do laundry, to organize, to cook...and you all know how much I love to cook....about as much as I love to run...a necessary evil...which I have been doing every day for the most part! I have traded in my heels for my running shoes, my suits for t-shirts, my computer and detail bag for a diaper bag, my clinical discussions with professionals to the most wonderful conversations with a 2 year old, my accessories for spit up on the shoulder, and I absolutely have love, love, loved every single minute of it!!! Is it harder work than I have ever known?...you bet!...but so much more satisfying!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Trading in the heels for running shoes is a big deal. But you're right, we wouldn't trade it for the world! You're a very blessed mommy and wife and those kiddos are pretty blessed too ;) Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete